What are the Different Types of Oral Surgery?
Oral Surgery Treatments at WisNova Innovative Dental Specialists
At WisNova Innovative Dental Specialists, your premier oral surgery dental practice in Kenosha, WI, our experienced professionals are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality care and innovative solutions for your oral health needs. Today, we want to delve into the world of oral surgery and explore the different types of procedures we offer.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: One of the most common oral surgeries is extracting wisdom teeth. These third molars often emerge during late adolescence or early adulthood. They can cause various issues, including pain, overcrowding, infection, and misalignment. Our skilled oral surgeons remove wisdom teeth to alleviate discomfort and prevent potential complications.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): Oral surgery can play a crucial role in treating obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). This condition occurs when the airway is partially or completely blocked during sleep, disrupting breathing patterns. Our specialists can perform procedures such as uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) or genioglossus advancement to surgically address the underlying anatomical issues contributing to OSA.
- Corrective Jaw Surgery (Orthognathic Surgery): For individuals with misaligned jaws, corrective jaw surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery, can provide remarkable improvements. This procedure helps correct functional problems such as chewing difficulties, speech impairments, and jaw pain. Our oral surgeons can enhance facial harmony and create a balanced bite by repositioning the jaws.
- Administration of Anesthesia: Ensuring patient comfort and safety during oral surgery is paramount to us. We provide various anesthesia options, including local anesthesia, sedation, and general anesthesia. Our team will carefully evaluate your needs and medical history to determine the most suitable type of anesthesia for your specific procedure.
- Dental Implants: When it comes to replacing missing teeth, dental implants are a highly effective and durable solution. Oral surgeons play a vital role in the dental implant process by placing the implant posts into the jawbone. This surgical procedure provides a solid foundation for the replacement teeth, allowing you to regain full functionality and a natural-looking smile.
- Oral Pathology: Oral pathology involves diagnosing and treating diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial region. Our experienced oral surgeons can perform biopsies, remove lesions, and provide comprehensive care for conditions such as oral cancer, infections, cysts, and other abnormalities. Regular oral pathology examinations are essential for early detection and effective management of oral diseases.
- Tooth Pain: Persistent tooth pain can significantly impact your daily life and oral health. In cases where conservative treatments are ineffective, oral surgery may be necessary to alleviate the pain and address the underlying cause. Our skilled surgeons can perform procedures like root canal therapy or tooth extraction to relieve discomfort and restore oral health.
- Bone Grafting: Bone grafting is a surgical procedure used to restore or augment bone in the jaw. It is often performed before dental implant placement to ensure sufficient bone volume for successful implant integration. To provide optimal patient outcomes, our oral surgeons are proficient in various bone grafting techniques, including autogenous grafts, allografts, and xenografts.
- Impacted Teeth: Impacted teeth, such as impacted canines or molars, occur when teeth fail to erupt fully or are in the correct position. Oral surgery is often necessary to expose and guide the impacted tooth into its proper place. By addressing impacted teeth promptly, we can prevent complications such as dental crowding, infection, and damage to adjacent teeth.
- Facial Trauma: In unfortunate instances of facial trauma, oral surgeons are trained to handle complex injuries to the face, mouth, and jaws. Whether it’s a fractured jaw, facial lacerations, or damage to the teeth and surrounding structures, our skilled surgeons can provide expert care to restore function, aesthetics, and oral health.
Visit WisNova In Kenosha for all Your Oral Surgery Needs
At WisNova Innovative Dental Specialists, we strive to offer comprehensive oral surgery solutions to meet your unique needs. Our skilled team is committed to delivering personalized care, utilizing the latest techniques and technologies to ensure optimal outcomes.
Suppose you require any oral surgery procedures or have concerns about your oral health. In that case, we’re here to provide you with the highest level of care and support. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward a healthier, more confident smile.